In the spring of 1892, a new school was dedicated on the property of the Most Holy Redeemer Parish which was appropriately named in honor of Fr. James Fitton. Fr. Fitton, the pastor of Most Holy Redeemer during the mid-1800's, was a man who truly believed in Catholic Education. In memory of his strong commitment to quality Catholic Education the Fitton School building was dedicated. Today over 100 years later the Fitton building still serves the educational needs of our community as the collaborative school East Boston Central Catholic. Fr. Fitton's goal of excellence in Catholic Education not only continues, but has grown far beyond the boundaries of his parish. East Boston Central Catholic School was established in September of 1974 as a multi-parish, collaborative elementary school serving Our Lady of the Assumption, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Most Holy Redeemer and Sacred Heart Parishes. Nowhere else in the Archdiocese of Boston was there an elementary parochial school that was jointly sponsored by several parishes and governed by a school board. EBCCS has withstood the test of time.